Vulcan's 110th Birthday Bash
Sunday, June 1 from 12 - 4 p.m.
$5 all ages 5 and up; FREE for children 4 and under and Vulcan Members
Admission includes entrance to Vulcan Center Museum, Observation Tower, and Vulcan Keepsakes: Iron Man Memorabilia from the Birmingham Community in Linn-Henley Gallery.
Make plans to attend the BIGGEST birthday bash in Birmingham! Vulcan may be the world's largest cast iron statue, but he still needs help blowing out his birthday candles! On Sunday, June 1, Vulcan Park and Museum will host a festive outdoor community celebration for Vulcan's 110th Birthday. Enjoy an afternoon of fun festivities for the whole family at the biggest birthday bash of the year!
For the Kids...
- Have your face painted or get balloon art created by the Magic Town Clowns
- Bounce on a birthday cake moonwalk
- Test your baseball skills with the homerun derby
- Get your picture taken with "V"!
- Make cool crafts and create artistic masterpieces
- Meet the Birmingham Zoo's "Alabama Animals"
- Join a drum circle with Get Rhythm
- See a real plane from The Southern Museum of Flight
- And many other fun activities!
For the "Big" Kids...
- Walk through Vulcan Center Museum and take a ride to the top of Vulcan's Observation Tower for a spectacular view of Birmingham.
- Take a look at our special exhibition Vulcan Keepsakes: Iron Man Memorabilia from the Birmingham Community in Linn-Henley Gallery.
Listen or dance to live music!
- Enjoy all of the fun activities with the kids!
Important Party Details...
- At 2 p.m., Mayor William Bell will join us as we sing "Happy Birthday" to Vulcan!
- At this time, FREE Blue Bell Ice Cream will be served (while supplies last).
- Additional food and refreshments will be available for purchase.
- Parking Limited! FREE shuttle provided. Additional parking available at the Jefferson County Board of Education (across Valley Avenue).
- No pets allowed during special events.